Dentist David Barnes, sued Kerr Corp., the largest manufacturer of dental amalgam in the United States, alleging that he had suffered a myriad of neurological injuries as a result of his occupational exposure to mercury. Dr. Barnes argued that Kerr's warnings were inadequate because they discussed only mercury, not mixed dental amalgam. Kerr argued that its warnings never represented that mercury was any less toxic when mixed.
Mercuryexposure.info was created and is maintained by consumers injured from exposure to mercury vapor and particles released by their dental amalgam fillings during placement, polishing, removal and day to day use. We are dedicated to providing accurate, up to date information on the many facets of dental mercury amalgam fillings.